By Marni Baker Stein, Chief Content material Officer at Coursera
For over a decade, one of the best universities have partnered with Coursera to assist reshape greater schooling by increasing entry and outcomes for learners worldwide. The most recent U.S. faculty rankings mirror this dedication and account for social mobility, instructional fairness, and pupil outcomes.
I need to congratulate our companions who had been overwhelmingly represented throughout three main U.S. faculty rankings not too long ago launched: U.S. Information 2024 Finest Schools, Wall Avenue Journal/School Pulse 2024 Finest Schools within the U.S., and New York Occasions School-Entry Index.
2023 U.S. faculty rating highlights
- 59 companions had been featured within the 2024 U.S. Information 2024 Finest Schools Rating, with 55% of companions within the high 50.
- 59 companions featured within the newest WSJ rating, with 32% of companions within the high 50.
- 50 companions featured in New York Occasions’ new School-Entry Index, 14% within the high 50.
Our U.S. companions ranked extremely within the high 20 of each the U.S. Information and WSJ rankings. Princeton College topped each lists, whereas Stanford College and Yale College positioned within the high 5. Columbia College rounded off the highest 5 in WSJ’s record of greatest faculties. A number of establishments made main good points towards the brand new standards, additional solidifying their groundbreaking progress.
Prioritizing pupil outcomes
As extra college students weigh the worth and ROI of a faculty schooling, this 12 months’s rankings rebalanced key components. WSJ positioned larger emphasis on outcomes, together with commencement charges and graduate salaries.
Advancing social mobility
The most recent U.S. Information rankings emphasised social mobility and outcomes by measuring first-generation commencement charges, graduate charges throughout all socioeconomic backgrounds, and elevated incomes potential. A lot of our companions noticed vital jumps within the U.S. nationwide college rankings.
- The College of California, Davis, rose 10 spots to No. 28. Georgia Institute of Know-how was up 11 spots to No. 33. College of Washington was up 15 locations to No. 40, a tie with Rutgers-New Brunswick, which additionally rose 15 spots.
- The College of California, Berkeley moved up 5 factors, from 20 to fifteen, and was as soon as once more ranked the No. 1 public faculty within the nation by U.S. Information.
- A number of companions had been high performers on social mobility for his or her commencement charges of economically deprived college students, together with the College of California, Irvine, the College of California, Santa Cruz, and the College of California, Davis.
Rising entry for various college students
A number of companions are featured within the New York Occasions’ School-Entry Index, which ranked essentially the most selective U.S. faculties on financial range. The rating analyzed the share of scholars receiving Pell Grants, federal assist given to college students in monetary want.
We’re so pleased with our companions’ rankings this 12 months, which mirror their unimaginable work increasing entry and growing attainment in greater schooling. Collectively, we’ve empowered greater than 129 million learners — from all walks of life and practically each nation on this planet — to remodel their lives by studying from one of the best universities.